The Missing Women: Implications of the ASEAN Integration on Women Migrant Workers’ Rights
- Theme: Business and Women's Human Rights, Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, Migrant Workers, Violence Against Women.
- Type: Thematic Paper.
- Region/Country: Southeast Asia.
- Language: English.
PDF of thematic paper. Topics covered include:
- ASEAN’s economic, political and socio-cultural agenda and implications to women
- ASEAN’s framework on labour migration
- ASEAN regional institutions involved in the protection and promotion of migrant workers in ASEAN
- women’s rights issues in the context of labour migration in ASEAN
- cases of women migrant workers from Lao PDR and Myanmar
- influencing ASEAN labour migration policies
- conclusions and recommendations
- ASEAN Framework Agreement on Services
- Informational Sheet on the ASEAN Qualification Reference Framework
- ASEAN Agreement on the Movement of Natural Persons
- ASEAN Declaration on the Protection and Promotion of the Rights of Migrant Workers