This section contains reports of activities conducted by IWRAW Asia Pacific.
Annual Report 2012. Download
Consultation on migration and trafficking - Exploring Engagement with Non-state Actors using the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and other international standards and tools Download
Southeast Asia Consultation: Using CEDAW to Strengthen Accountability for Women’s Human Rights in Development
South-East Asia Regional Dialogue with National Women’s Machineries, National Human Rights Institutions and other partners on Advancing Women’s Human Rights and Promoting Gender Equality. Download
CEDAW Committee Asia Pacific Regional Consultation Report on the Drafting of a General Recommendation on Women's Rights in Conflict and Post Conflict Download
Annual Report 2011. Download
- Global Consultation on the Application of Women’s Human Rights Framework on the Issues of Women Affected by Conflict, Colombo, Sri Lanka, October 15-17, 2010. Download
- Report of Roundtable on using CEDAW to protect the rights of women migrant workers and trafficked women in South and Southeast Asia. Download
- Celebrating 30 Years of CEDAW: Achievements and Continuing Challenges Towards the Realisation of Women's Human Rights, a report Download.
During the 53rd session of the Commission on the Status of Women, IWRAW Asia Pacific and the Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL) co-organised a workshop in conjunction with the 30th anniversary of CEDAW.
- Report on Thematic briefing on ‘Women and Armed Conflict’ between the CEDAW Committee and NGOs
- Southeast Asia Meeting on the Application of CEDAW Framework to Address Impunity in the context of Violence against Women Download
- Report on Thematic briefing on ‘ Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity’ between the CEDAW Committee and NGOs. Download
- Africa NGO Meeting on Realising the Potential of CEDAW and the Optional Protocol to CEDAW as a Tool for the Protection and Promotion of Women’s Human Rights. Download
- South Asia Concluding Observations Report, May 2008 (Proceedings report of the South Asian regional consultation on Implementation of Concluding Comments) Download
- Report of the Updating Of Concepts Consultation: Addressing contexts and new challenges in the application of CEDAW. Report
This report details how through a discussion on the application of CEDAW using four specific themes (livelihoods; violence against women; health; and political participation), a framework for analyzing compliance with CEDAW was developed. This can be used to draft, challenge and reform laws and policies and build programmes and services, taking into account the challenges posed by the external environment.
- Report of Workshop on Temporary Special Measures to CEDAW (Article 4.1) – Finalised for print in 2007 (A workshop to debate the drafting of the General Recommendation on Temporary Special measures by the CEDAW Committee) Download
- IWRAW Asia Pacific Expert Group Meeting on CEDAW Article 2: National and International Dimensions of State Obligation
- Regional Thematic Meeting on Violence Against Women, 12-15 December 2005.
Report | Annexes
- Global Consultation on the Ratification and Use of the OP-CEDAW, 27-30 August 2005.
Report | Annexes
- Regional Consultation on Economic Rights of Women (Article 11 & 14 of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women)15-18 May 2005, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Report | Annexes
- Regional Consultation on Women’s Right to Participate in Political and Public Life, 9-12 December 2004. Report | Annexes
- Report on Updating of Skills on Applications of CEDAW Consultation, September 18-21, 2004 Kuala Lumpur Report
The emphasis of this consultation was the changing global environment and its impact at the national level as well as the dynamics of treaty law in relation to seeking accountability from governments through an international human rights instrument at the national level.
- Regional consultation on article 16 & 5 of the convention on the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women, Colombo, 9-12 December 2003.